Nox Borealis is a musical and visual installation based on two sources; the musical source is the work Lichtbogen by Kaija Saariaho, the sound source is recordings made during auroras borealis by the professor Unto K. Laine.
- Nox Borealis, a musical and visual installation
Kaija Saariaho music
Jean-Baptiste Barrière images
Unto K. Laine sound recordings
Image auditive production
A Centre d'art et de technologie d'Espoo CARTES production. A part of "100% Finlande, Printemps finlandais 2008".
Photo: © Jean-Baptiste Barrière
Thursday, June 5, 2008, Noon-6pm / Institut finlandais à Paris
- Dates and Times: The installation will be presented June 5-28, noon-6pm, Tuesday - Saturday, Late Openings on Tuesdays until 8pm | Performances every 30 mins | The installation will be closed on June 13 & 14
- Access conditions: Free entrance, limited seating available
- A concert version of the installation will be performed by the vocal group Les Jeunes solistes, conducted by Rachid Safir, at IRCAM as a part of the Agora festival on June 7.
- Website: www.100pour100finlande.fr